[Mediawiki-l] backup the mediawiki and restore

judi chen judi_chen at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 03:42:25 UTC 2005

Hi,
Few weeks ago, I asked a question about the Mediawiki
backup and restore problem.

I been told to do the backup command by using
phpmysql. I just tried and get an error meg (see
below)
 SQL query:

mysqldump - u root - p - - single - transaction
chpwikidb & gt;

backup.sql

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
version for the right syntax to use near 'mysqldump -u
root -p --single-transaction chpwikidb > backup.sql'
at line 1

Can someone write me about the right backup and
restore procedure.

I am running mediawiki 1.5.2 on Fedora core 4.
thanks
jc