[Mediawiki-l] increasing size of upload + export/import

Jeff Webb boowebb at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 19:48:05 UTC 2005

I am trying to import the contents of one mediawiki site into another using
the export/import function.

The problem is the size of the export is about 4mb which is causing an
import error on upload (Upload of import file failed; perhaps the file is
bigger than the allowed upload size). I have broken the export into chunks
but this still fails when I try to upload an export XML file greater than
2mb.

Is there anyway to increase the size of an import? I have tried messing with
the image import but this does not seem to work.

Another question is how does the import handle conflicting pages? I am
trying to figure this out in my testing but if anyone knows it would be
helpful.

Thanks,

Jeff

--