[Mediawiki-l] External links rendered in parens

Wolfe, Jeff Jeff_Wolfe at intuit.com
Fri Nov 18 16:31:51 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm having a weird problem all of a sudden, and it's intermittent (it seems)
to boot!  I've had two users report that external links are rendered with
the external link in parens.  It looks like this:

Given: [http://some.external.site <http://some.external.site>  my text to
show]
Renders in browser:  my text to show (http://some.external.site
<http://some.external.site>

For those that have the problem, it appears after a ctrl-f5 and has only
shown up in Firefox.  We recently upgraded to MediaWiki 1.5.0, and did not
have any reports like this before the upgrade.  We came from 1.4.10.

Any ideas?  Is it possible that this is not a MediaWiki issue?  I have not
yet been successful at getting a user to send me the page source when they
see this behavior, so I'm not sure if it's bad browser mojo or not.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff