[Mediawiki-l] Installing on a read only file system

Sechan, Gabe sechan at amazon.com
Wed Nov 16 20:03:43 UTC 2005

It has to do with how we manage code.  Basicly, I cannot touch that file system directly, however I can ask a program to cp a file onto it (more or less.  Its more complicated than that).  If I have a pre-generated file, I can have it copied to that filesystem.  I cannot just create a new file on it though.  Although changing the config file to write to a totally different directory and then copy it over might work-  I'll try it out.

Gabe