[Mediawiki-l] Installing on a read only file system

Hans Voss hans.voss at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:54:24 UTC 2005

Ehm, maybe a stupid question, but if the filesystem is readonly, I
assume the read-only wil have to be lifted in order to install new
software on it (like the wiki).

Either make the configuration part of the install process or (and?)
Make the LocalSettings.php and the images directory a link (hard link)
to somewhere on a read/write filesystem.

LocalSettings assumes that you might want to change some parameters at
some point,
the images directory assumes that you want to enable uploads.

On 11/16/05, Sechan, Gabe <sechan at amazon.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install mediawiki, but the system we use to deploy code has it on a read only file system.  I can't just chmod the config directory.  Is there another way to configure it?  It seems like I'd just need to generate 1 or 2 files, and run some sql commands.
>
> Gabe

----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards
Hans Voss