[Mediawiki-l] change the an icon in the browser's address line

judi chen judi_chen at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 04:08:51 UTC 2005

Rob
Thanks for the help.

I did what you outlines.

Now I got the icon in the Firefox's address line.

I got nothing in the IE's address line.

Can you help
Thanks
jc

Message: 7
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:33:38 +0000
From: Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] change the an icon in the
browser's
	address-line
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
	<mediawiki-l at wikimedia.org>

The favicon is handled by the web server where there
is a favicon.ico
file in the web root (public_html, htdocs, wwwroot
etc.). MediaWiki
doesn't touch the favicon nor try to do anything with
it.

Rob Church

On 14/11/05, judi chen <judi_chen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I want have an icon in the browser's address-line
when
> my wiki site being accessed.  Just as the W icon
when
> www. wikipedia.com being accessed.
>
> I did the following but won't work.
>
> I change the icon in browser's address-line?
> The wiki will output a <link> which references the
> traditional /favicon.ico, at the root URL path of
your
> site. (Some browsers will look there even without
the
> <link>, others require it.)
>
> If you want to use some other icon specifically for
> those browsers supporting it, you can change a bit
in