[Mediawiki-l] Template goblin

FxParlant f-x.p at laposte.net
Sun Nov 13 10:26:13 UTC 2005

Hi,

Hacking around in mediawiki 1.5 I came up with an unexpected behavior,
which let me think that external links attributes inside templates are
treated in a different way as external links inside normal pages.

--> Can someone tell me where external links attributes of templates are
treated in MW15?

My aim is to allow total html in all pages except in discussion. I did
this by surrounding the Sanitize::removeHTMLtags() with
if (1 == $this->mNamespace){
}

Some of my templates contain amazon iframes links. But they are totally
broken, ending up with:
<iframe src=<a href="http:...

I did my best to find which regexp searches for the attributes inside
templates, but I didn't find it.
-->Can someone tell me how to deactivate this transformation?

THE GOBLIN
Nevertheless I came accros this weird behavior:
The iframes links are perfectly rendered as soon as an ISBN call is
placed before:

{{:BOOK|123456789}}  --> broken
{{ISBN|123456789}} --> OK
{{:BOOK|123456789}}  --> OK

--> Can someone explain what kind of different treatment the ISBN brings
to the page ? (Actually, I'd rather have an explanation of how to have
my template links rendered untouched, without adding an ISBN call)

Thanks a lot for your help.

François