[Mediawiki-l] Put restrictions on article names?

David J. Biesack David.Biesack at sas.com
Wed Nov 9 17:45:34 UTC 2005

Our MediaWiki install is sitting on an Apache server that also handles other traffic and in particular has content handlers in place. So when someone recently tried to create a artiucle name TableSamples.jsp, they succeeded in creating the page but when they tried to view the page from the page that links to [[TableSamples.jsp]], the web server saw the .jsp URL and tried to run it as a JSP file rather than as a mediawiki file and returned a 404. The user was confused and thought it was a mediawiki problem.

Is there some hook or configuration setting I can use to restrict article names to prevent this kind of error?

--
David J. Biesack     SAS Institute Inc.
(919) 531-7771       SAS Campus Drive