[Mediawiki-l] iso-8859-1 conversion to UTF-8 failed during upgrade from 1.4.0 to 1.5.2

erchache2000 erchache2000.enciclopedia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:44:55 UTC 2005

I think.....

Because is OFFICIALLY UNDOCUMENTED, i dont have a specific url where i
can know how to convert from iso to utf. (<jokemode> Yes im a lammer and
what!... ;-P</jokemode>)

If you convert your database into UTF-8 you dont need to use
upgrade1_5.php script, so you can upgrade 1.5.2 directly from
webbrowser. I dont have any lost information using iconv, but i dont try
it with images on file system, database is a thing, and files into
/image dir other, you know? ;-)

And yes, to pass to 1.5.x is inevitable because is OBLIGATORY. Direct
show problems....

Try to use iconv and upgrade directly like the braves.....send me all
information, please. All information are welcome....

Good Luck, again....

p.d.: At this point im thinking to setup a "fucked by mediawiki software
upgrades" forum....Programmers, dont be furious with me please, you are
make a good work, but do all programmers do, dont document your
programs....When open software will be open software with open
documentation :-S....