[Mediawiki-l] Invalid range LoadBalancer.php line 584

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Nov 8 20:06:22 UTC 2005

JuergenL wrote:
> I am using MediaWiki 1.5.1 with PHP 4.1.2 and I often get the
> following warning when accessing my wiki pages:
>
> Warning:  mt_rand(): Invalid range:  0..0 in
> /path/to/mediawiki/includes/LoadBalancer.php on line 584
>
> Do you know that warning and can you tell me how to fix it?

PHP 4.1.2 is no longer supported; if possible upgrade to a modern version.

You may or may not be experiencing a problem related to a misconfigured
database configuration, as well (eg no database servers defined). You'll
have to examine the configuration and code for that.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)