[Mediawiki-l] Major Spam Problems

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at uconn.edu
Mon Nov 7 14:13:17 UTC 2005

I've experienced the same Spammer. I've enabled the SpamBlacklist
Extension and added the SpamRegex entries mentioned earlier and this has
taken care of it for now.

I would really like to see a CAPTCHA for mediawiki. Ideally, this would
be an extension or option that one could enable that would ask for
verification only when creating a new account. One exists now that asks
on every edit, but I feel like this is too much for our users.

Also, all of the accounts created by our spammer have invalid e-mail
addresses. If something could verify that the e-mail was legit before
enabling the account, that would be useful as well.

-Tony