[Mediawiki-l] Navigation Panel

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:11:01 UTC 2005

On 02/11/05, Christopher Rusch <crusch at gmail.com> wrote:
> I upgraded from MediaWiki 1.4.7 to 1.5.0, and when I did it, I lost my
> navigation panel on the side. How can I get that navigation panel back
> again?

Maybe you need to regenerate the interface messages in the
"MediaWiki:" namespace (using the command-line script,
maintenance/rebuildMessages.php or whatever it's called). As of 1.5,
the navigation menu has been altered to become more customisable
(again), with the wiki page "MediaWiki:Sidebar" replacing the array in
LocalSettings.php for defining the structure.

I'm surprised the upgrader didn't create this for you (and presumably
everything else was converted successfully) but it's worth a shot...

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]