[Mediawiki-l] Using mediawiki 1.4.11-1, can't get main URL to change.

Norman Yamada nyamada at millburncorp.com
Thu Nov 3 14:12:43 UTC 2005

Using Mediawiki 1.411-1 (Debian testing) on a small intranet.

We had the wiki on a machine called tmccs2. The $wgScriptPath setting
in LocalSettings.php was "/techwiki".

We've moved the wiki to another machine called appstage1. I've left
the LocalSettings.php alone.

Now, whenever we try to open the wiki from appstage1, e.g., using
"http://appstage1/techwiki/" the url is rewritten as "tmccs2/techwiki/
index.php" immediately.

If I correct the url by hand, I can open up pages -- but I can't edit
them; the redirect after the edit always references tmccs2.

I've tried running rebuildall in /maintenance; I've cleared out my
object cache, I've reset $wgGlobalCache (as per this thread http://
mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2005-July/006108.html), all
to no avail.

How do I fix the pages themselves so that they don't refer to the old
server. I could rename the server for this, but it seems a bit
ridiculous.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.