[Mediawiki-l] Log-In Question

Eric zericm at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 00:28:48 UTC 2005

All,

searched the docs and the forum, but could not find an answer to my
question. So. . .

Requirements that I have folks log in to view pages of a wiki. I've
added the following to the my LocalSettings:

$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
$wgWhitelistRead = array ("Special:Userlogin");

So, when I go to /index.php I get a nice redirection to an error page
urging the user to go to the log in page. First problem: the page
reloads every 10 seconds or so. I'm getting the following errors
everytime the page loads:

Error: syntax error
Source File: http://10.1.10.25/wiki/index.php?title=-&action=raw&gen=js
Line: 1
Source Code:
Error: The stylesheet
http://10.1.10.25/wiki/index.php?title=-&action=raw&gen=css&maxage=18000
was not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
Error: The stylesheet
http://10.1.10.25/wiki/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Monobook.css&action=raw&ctype=text/css&smaxage=18000
was not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".

Just what the heck is happening here and how do I make it go away?

Second question: I'd like to have the user reirected directly to the
log-in page rather then go to this error page. Possible?

thanks much for any help. I've been looking at this for a couple of
days now and have gotten as far as I can go on my own.

thx,
Eric

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs