[Mediawiki-l] Re: 1.5.0 mime_magic crash

Tue Nov 1 12:49:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

> > Fatal error: mime_magic could not be initialized, magic file (null) is
> > not avaliable in C:\apache2\htdocs\mediawiki15\includes\MimeMagic.php on
> > line 476
>
> This is a PHP issue - mime_content_type seems to be buggy under windows.

today I recognized, that my MW 1.5.0 running on Debian Testing produces the
same error:

Fatal error: mime_magic could not be initialized, magic
file /usr/share/misc/file/magic.mime is not available
in /var/www/mediawiki-1.5.0/includes/MimeMagic.php on line 476

I'm not sure what triggers the bug, since I got other pages containing images
that work well.

> Possible solutions:
>
> 1) - 3)

Before I try these possible solutions, are there any other suggestions for the
Linux case?

Cheers,

- Mo