[Mediawiki-l] Error in customizing navigation tool

Ext-Munish.Mittal at nokia.com Ext-Munish.Mittal at nokia.com
Tue May 31 15:07:36 UTC 2005

Hi
In order to add new link to navigation tool, I did the following steps.
1. Add a line of the form array( 'text'=>'something', 'href'=>'something-url' ) in LocalSettings.php
It is showing me <Something> in navigation tool instead of something I dont know why?
when I click this link I get error -Link target missing.
2. Then it is written in FAQ to edit (create) the pages in your wiki (substituting the names you chose); the first should contain whatever you want the link's text to be (e.g. "Contact us") (Blue above), and the second either the name of a wiki page (e.g. "Project:Get in touch") or the full URL of an external document .
I did'nt get it clearly.How many pages should i create here.
How will I create new pages with what names and
how will they be linked in namespace.

Please help me here.
Thanks and Regards,
Munish Mittal