[Mediawiki-l] Re: best way to integrate blog functionality

Kate Turner keturner at livejournal.com
Sat May 28 01:42:30 UTC 2005

b h wrote in gmane.org.wikimedia.mediawiki:

> I just started admining a mediawiki on an intranet,
> and already my users are asking about support for
> blogs.

possibly i'm missing the point here, but why do you want to put a blog on a
wiki?  if enough of your users want that, it's almost certainly a better
choice to install proper software that's designed for it, rather than
trying to hack it into something that was really never meant to work that
way.

(and if you want to support RSS, Atom, ... it's going to involve a lot more
than just allowing people to post at the top of a page automatically.)

> thanks
> bob

kate.