[Mediawiki-l] number of templates/ page

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:10:44 UTC 2005

On 27/05/05, FxParlant <f-x.p at laposte.net> wrote:
> I'm sure I've seen somewhere the parameter for the number of template
> call in one page (default is 5)... I need to set it to a greater number
> on my personal wiki, but can't find where I have to change that.

I had thought this limit had been abolished some time ago due to
better protection against abuse of recursive templates and the like,
but it looks like it's just been increased to 100 so that it's no
longer likely to be reached in practice.

As I'm sure you're bored of being told, I don't think 1.3.x is
"supported" any more, so an upgrade to 1.4 would be a way of getting
this fix and much more.

But anyway, the answer is that it's a constant called
'MAX_INCLUDE_REPEAT' defined at the top of includes/Parser.php.

Happy Hacking!
--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]