[Mediawiki-l] texvc

Bryan Luce bryanluce at gmail.com
Mon May 23 21:14:47 UTC 2005

 After reviewing the info on mediawiki-l about texvc, I am still having
trouble with the math function in Mediawiki.

http://www.luceb.com/testwiki<http://www.luceb.com/mathwiki/index.php?title=Sandbox>

I get the *Failed to parse (Missing texvc executable; please see math/README
to configure.) error message

I have texvc turned on in LocalSettings, the mediawiki installer seems to
have created all of the files, but I can't get the texvc to do anything.
When I try to execute it at the command line, the system doesn't recognize
texvc ... it returns an invalid arguement message. The make, gmake and
makefile commands don't do anything either. The systems admin says that I
should find a compiled version and try that.

Unfortunately, I know very little about UNIX, so I don't understand the
notes about Ocaml and other files.

Any help would be appreciated by me and my Math students. Thank you in
advance.*

--
Bryan Luce
Teaching with Technology

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the human
race." -H.G. Wells