[Mediawiki-l] Partial word/string searching: "plan" does not match "plans"

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Sun May 22 14:00:48 UTC 2005

On my MediaWiki 1.4.0 system, I notice that a search for "plan" does not
match text or titles with the word "plans" (among other similar mismatches).

Can I change this behavior (such that "plan" will match "plans") in my
1.4.0 system?  In not, do later MediaWiki versions address this and/or
might future MediaWiki version support this feature?  Is there an
advanced-search feature available in 1.4.0 or later/future versions?

-Matt