[Mediawiki-l] globals in index.php (before switch action)

Jordi Domingo jordidr at gmail.com
Sun May 22 08:33:25 UTC 2005

Hello,I modified index.php to go directly to action edit instead of action view.

When I am in editpage and press button with action=edit, I understand
that in some way it goes back to index.php, and goes again to the
switch-case: as in case edit you make a new editpage, that's because a
global var doesn't "remember" values, as they're different editpages
(as you answered me previously in  the list).

But, would be possible to do those changes in index.php? The idea is
to have a configmyproject.txt filled with an id for users (not the
username, as I don't want to make register boligatory to edit),
generated with time() and four random numbers. Then, when other person
entrers in the web, it should read the file, and seeing their id
isn't, continue as a new instance. If it is the person that was
already entered, it should read their id (entered when first submit in
edit), and continue processing to edit2 (yes, I have made
editpage.php, and editpage2 and editpage3 too, that's because i need
some config to save in what screen the user is).

Well... a variable that I recall his value at beginning of index.php
(global $myid) should not be "remembered"? The new instance of edit
isn't created yet...but I tried and it doesn't remember it...

Sorry if maybe sounds a bit confusing...thanks in advance

Jordi