[Mediawiki-l] Single-equal-sign sections: not documented? working?

Yongho Kim yokima at gmail.com
Sat May 21 21:42:59 UTC 2005

double equal signs mark the text up as <h2>
single equal signs mark it as <h1>

MediaWiki marks the page title (sitting at the beginning of
#bodyContent ) as h1. It makes semantic sense that you wouldn't use
any more h1s once you've used one for the page title, and mark double
equal signs as h2 and recommend their use as first-level sections.

And then, I think it's ok to keep the single equal signs as they may
occassionally be needed (e.g. multiple documents in a single page, for
example, in which case each document title would be h1-ized), even
though, generally you wouldn't need multiple h1s in a mediawiki
document.

yongho