[Mediawiki-l] adding math formatting

Emma Gottesman emma.gottesman at sun.com
Wed May 18 15:36:31 UTC 2005

I'm trying to add math formatting to a new wiki running on a sparc
system under Solaris10.

I've installed ocaml and imageMagick, ncurses and teTeX. The first 2 I
built and installed and put symbolic links to the binaries in
/usr/local/bin. The second 2 came as packages from www.sunfreeware.com
and so I used pkgadd to install. Which all seemed to work fine.

The installation instructions for teTeX talk about adding the teTeX
binaries to my path. How do I add them to the wiki's path? Alternatively
what would I link to for a symbolic link in /usr/local/bin - the binary
in teTeX is called sparc-sun-solaris-sol2.9 which doesn't seem to be
very helpful

There's obviously something else I need to do as a sample equation in my
wiki is not being formatted.

regards
--Emma