[Mediawiki-l] How to create a new Special page?

Ryan Kelln ryankelln at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:37:44 UTC 2005

Hi, I have searched this list, the weta.wikipedia.org and Googled for info
on creating a new Special page without any luck. Can anyone point me to some
resources?

What I am trying to do is create a special page that is similar to Userlogin
except that it would be an Userinvite, allowing existing users to invite new
ones (forms for first name, last name, and email address).

I know I have to add my new page to the array in SpecialPages.php, but it
says to use SpecialPage::addPage() and not to edit the array at run-time.
I'm not sure how to go about this since I am a novice at PHP and command
line things in general, I'd feel more comfortable just modding the
SpecialPage.php file itself. How could I do that without damaging
anything? Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks,
Ryan