[Mediawiki-l] The image is not being displayed

vijay kalghatgi vijaysk_84 at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 04:58:36 UTC 2005

Hi,
Thnks for your help
The appache2 log file error.log is generating the following error on clicking on the image:

[Tue May 10 10:15:15 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/Apache2/htdocs/mediawiki/images/d, referer: http://localhost/mediawiki/index.php/Image:Applicant.jpg

I've uploaded the image through uploads n not by copying it on to the folders.
Can you tell me where actually the files will be uploaded. I've browsed it from the ../mediawiki/images/applicant.jpg.

Can I upload the file from which ever folder or is there any specific folder from which we need to upload?Initially I copied a file from other dir to /mediawiki/images n then I've uploaded that image file from the /images dir.

The syntax I've used is:

[[Image:applicant.jpg]] and it is creating one box in which a cross mark is there with Image:applicant.jpg is the text inside the box. When I click onto it, it shows another page with title Image:Applicant.jpg and an empty box is shown.

Does this details get me a clue or solution?

Please help

Regards
Vijay

"Venugopal Maddukuri (vMoksha)" <Maddukuri.Venugopal at UCB-Group.com> wrote:
Vijay

Its great to see that you have the wiki setup. If thats done, it should not
be difficult to get the images working.

"Still I'm not getting the image." is not enough of an error message to
troubleshoot.

Some keys to troubleshoot:
Are you able to do a 'Preview' of the page after the edit ?
What do your log files say ? Any Error messages in apache error_log ?
Verify again if you have enabled image upload and check if rw access is
enabled for the userid used by apache on the images directory.

regards
venu