[Mediawiki-l] Installation on fails with 1.4.3 under Mac

John Wills Lloyd JohnL at Virginia.edu
Fri May 6 12:52:16 UTC 2005

Brion, thanks for the response.

> There was a typo in the updater code which caused it to attempt to add
> fields that were already present.
>
> Change this line in maintenance/updaters.inc:
> -       array( 'site_stats',    'ss_total_articles',
> 'patch-ss_total_articles.sql' ),
>
> to:
> +       array( 'site_stats',    'ss_total_pages',
> 'patch-ss_total_articles.sql' ),

The only reference in updaters.inc that I can find is

	array( 'site_stats',    'ss_total_articles',
'patch-ss_total_articles.sql' ),

and there's no "-" associated with it (that's the entire line from the
creation of the array named "$wgNewFields "). I must be missing
something obvious. (I'm just a suit, not a programmer...sorry.)

If this typo has been corrected in the maintenance update, perhaps I
should simply download that and run it?

Thanks,

JohnL

John Wills Lloyd, Ph.D.