[Mediawiki-l] How to create a message on every Wiki page/article?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue May 3 02:02:43 UTC 2005

=James Birkholz= wrote:
> Are you stating that the site notice feature doesn't work in 1.3.9 or
> are you just saying that you know it does work in 1.4, so I should upgrade?

At the least I'd recommend you upgrade to 1.3.12, as there are some
security fixes.

Release notes:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=322144

> It would be nice to have the site notice feature working, but so far, no
> one seems to be willing or able to tell me:
> 1) is it supposed to work in 1.3.x?
> 2) if so, is there something besides a simple edit of the contents of
> the MediaWiki:SiteNotice article required?

Set $wgSiteNotice to the message in LocalSettings.php.

Alternatively, if you set it to ':sitenotice' I think it will try to
load the MediaWiki:Sitenotice message.

(Be careful about capitalization!)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)