[Mediawiki-l] images issues

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Thu Mar 31 01:32:26 UTC 2005

On 30 Mar 2005, at 13:40, schtroumpf.BD at swing.be wrote:

> Hello, when we try to import an image on a page of the wiki...
>  I have the following error message: \"Désolé, l'envoi de fichier est
> désactivé. \" (that is: sorry, message sending is disabled\".
> So my question is: how can we activate this feature?

Is your /wiki/images directory writable by the effective user of your
web server? (Typically, user "www" in Unix Apache installations.)

Do you have "$wgDisableUploads = false;" in LocalSettings.php?

:::: If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in the
struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and
desolate night of bitterness, and your chief legacy to the future will
be an endless reign of meaningless chaos. - Martin Luther King Jr.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99-0590-18>