[Mediawiki-l] create new article

Richard Holton richholton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:48:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:39:53 -0800, Jan Steinman <Jan at bytesmiths.com> wrote:

> On 29 Mar 2005, at 23:10, Kynnin Scott wrote:
>
> > Take a look at the contents of
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Nogomatch
>
> I think it's broke! I get (literally):
>
>    "No page with that title exists You can <a href="$1"
> class="new">create an article with this title</a> or <a
> href="/wiki/Wikipedia:Requested articles">put up a request for it</a>."
>
> Is it supposed to display HTML? I looked at the source, and I don't see
> anything special that should be filtering the anchors out.

Did you copy the *source* from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Nogomatch to your
MediaWiki:Nogomatch page? Then look at the results of a search for a
non-existent page?

The MediaWiki page will show up just as you quoted above, but the
search results page should look as you want it to.

--Rich Holton

en.wikipedia:User:Rholton