[Mediawiki-l] Looking for interested parties for polishing up customised skin f or MW

Alistair Johnson JohnsonA at rembrandt.co.nz
Wed Mar 30 00:20:45 UTC 2005

Dear all,

We're using MediaWiki for our Intranet and have developed a new skin (for
1.4) along the following lines:
------\
|Page name                                          |Article | Edit |
History etc.|
|                                                        ______________

|                                        oIntranet oWeb |              |
Search   |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
------|
| Menu 1   Menu 2    Menu 3   Menu 4

|---------|Option 1
|----------------------------------------------------------|
|         |Option 2    |

|         |Option 3    |

|         |etc.        |

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
------|
|username preferences etc.  toolbox etc.

\---------------------------------------------------------------------------
------/

I've based this on monobook, but used tables for layout.  It works fairly
well under IE and Firefox.  An error is reported when loading it under IE6,
but this error seems to have no effect on its usability.  It does struggle a
bit under Firefox when font sizes get too big.  The menus use CSS for their
drop down elements.  Unfortunately the Menu 1 etc. are not dynamic, but
rather hard-coded into the skin.  There are radio buttons to search either
the web or mediawiki.

I'm wondering if anyone out there is looking for a similar skin and willing
to commit time to jointly polish this up?

Regards,

al.