[Mediawiki-l] Sitewide css

Matthew Gertner matthew at allpeers.com
Thu Mar 24 18:53:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

We have recently installed Mediawiki and I'm configuring it for our
purposes. One thing that I would like to do is define custom CSS styles for
various purposes (e.g. source code samples). I want these styles to be used
for all skins and users. For the time being I've put them in common.css.
This works fine but strikes me as a bit of a hack. On the meta-wiki I found
the following intriguing page:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Sitewide_css_wiki_page.

I could be totally misunderstanding this, but it sounds to me like we could
create a page that contains the styles we want, and this would then be used
throughout our site. Is this correct? If so, what is the exact name of the
page I need to create and are there any examples? If not, is there another
way to add styles cleanly without modifying the system stylesheets?

Thanks in advance,

Matt