[Mediawiki-l] disable Output compression

Alexandre van de sande alexandrevandesande at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:45:21 UTC 2005

I did that and they've replied that I should disable Output
compression. That should be done during installation or can it be done
hand-editing the php files on the site?

Thanks
Alexandre (I searched about this on the web before posting, are the
list archives googable?)

Brion:
> If this is a shared server, you need to talk to your system
> administrator for further help diagnosing the problem.

Sys Administrator:
"We think that the source of the problem is in the line \"• Have zlib
support; enabling output compression.\", because we have an
incompatibility between mod_ssl and some compression libraries wich
ones send to browser wrong http headers, so you should try to install
mediawiki without output compressing."