[Mediawiki-l] Media wiki installation

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Mar 21 23:52:17 UTC 2005

Alexandre van de sande wrote:
> I've installed 1.4rc1 (thanks brion), but I had tried the previous
> stable version and got the same results. Mozilla and ie says nothing and
> safari tells me it " can't load the page because there is no data on it"
> The error report did not really include any error, it follows below (the
> "already exists" must be because I've deleted/reinstall some many times...)

Alexandre, it looks like your web server process is crashing:

$ telnet www.wanderingabout.com 80
Trying 200.58.112.90...
Connected to www.wanderingabout.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /kiwi/index.php/Main_Page HTTP/1.0
Host: www.wanderingabout.com

Connection closed by foreign host.
$

No result whatever is returned, which is usually a sign that the web
server process has crashed, closing the connection before any output is
sent. A message about this should show up the the web server's error log.

If this is a shared server, you need to talk to your system
administrator for further help diagnosing the problem.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)