[Mediawiki-l] update.php failing on 1.4 install

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:11:19 UTC 2005

I'm trying to update from 1.3.x to 1.4.  I've unpacked the tar file
over my 1.3 install which is in /var/www/html/wiki

when I cd to /var/www/html/wiki/maintenance and run php update.php I get:

-----

[rick at frodo maintenance]$ php update.php

<b>Warning</b>:  The argument needs to be an array in
<b>/var/www/html/wiki/maintenance/commandLine.inc</b> on line
<b>Warning</b>:  Variable passed to reset() is not an array or object
in <b>/var/www/html/wiki/maintenance/commandLine.inc</b> on line
A copy of your installation's LocalSettings.php
must exist in the source directory.

---

My LocalSettings.php is in the ../wiki directory. I created an
AdminSettings.php file with the db user and password, but I don't
think I'm getting that far.

Does update.php need some undocumented arguments?

HELP!!!!!