[Mediawiki-l] Undefined index REQUEST_URI error.

Drummonds, Scott B scott.b.drummonds at intel.com
Wed Mar 16 21:46:21 UTC 2005

From: mediawiki-l-bounces at Wikimedia.org
> However, on the top of all my pages I get the following error:
>
> Notice: Undefined index REQUEST_URI in
> D:\web\wiki\includes\Setup.php on
> line 113
>
> Can someone please tell me what is going on and how do I fix it?

This problem is a PHP for Windows problem, as I understand it.  You
should replace all references to the REQUEST_URI member of the _SERVER
array with SCRIPT_NAME.  The name of the same variable is different
between the Windows and UNIX versions of PHP.

Thus:
  Old:  $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']
change to:
  New:  $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']

There are two instances in Setup.php that require changing and perhaps
one other file as well.  You'll find that other file by doing a 'grep'
or waiting for the next error message.  :)

Scott