[Mediawiki-l] Re: what-you-see-is-what-you-get edit program?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Mar 16 18:41:52 UTC 2005

On 16 Mar 2005, at 06:04, skill2die4 at secguru.com wrote:

> Is there any cheatsheet on wiki-tags, easily printable sheet with all
> the
> wiki-tags.. so that newbies like me can print it and keep it aside
> while
> working on wiki's ?

I need such a thing within the next two weeks, when I'll be giving a
Wiki class to our group.

If someone else is going to work on such a thing in the meantime, I'll
be willing to review and/or collaborate.

If not, I'll roll my own and make it available. But it would be nice if
two or more of us DIDN'T do the same thing at the same time, no?

Worst case, I was simply going to print out and distribute the Meta
"edit help" page from "http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing",
possibly extracting just the tables from "#The_wiki_markup". This is a
GREAT resource, but it would be nice to have a version that would fit
nicely on two sides of a sheet of paper! (Wikis do not make good
page-layout programs!)

BTW: I have hacked my site's "edit help" to point to this page, having
given up on exporting and importing all the help into a new site.

:::: The earth's immune system, so to speak, has recognized the
presence of the human species and is starting to kick in. The earth is
attempting to rid itself of an infection by the human parasite. --
Richard Preston
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>