[Mediawiki-l] what-you-see-is-what-you-get edit program?

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 03:15:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:43:25 +0000, Jason Davies <ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> >That's excellent! What are the copyright terms? GFDL or something else?
>
> I think they're 'help yourself'...I spent a surprising amount of time
> making it that simple. I am very happy for it to help as many people as
> possible...an acknowledgement is usually nice, but I don't think it's in
> the wiki spirit, so just copy away...

Sounds like the old joke:
"...you had copyright, which is what the big companies use to lock
everything up
...you had copyleft, which is free software's way of making sure they
can't lock it up
...and then Berkeley had what we called 'copycenter', which is 'take
it down to the copy center and make as many copies as you want.' " --
Kirk McCusick, ca 1999.

--
+sj+