[Mediawiki-l] Import/Export status ?

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Mon Mar 14 21:38:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

Could you guys please give me an update of the Import/Export pages status ?
So far Export seems to be enabled in 1.3/1.4. Export is disabled in 1.3.
Is there some Export code out there (in 1.5 ?) that I could safely move/use
to my 1.3 ? (yes I know it would be experimental).

I'm kinda working from time to time on an extension that would be a
front-end to import/export. Basically it renders a form where you can
add/combine search conditions, and the extension finds the pages matching
those conditions (say, all pages matching a give title pattern, or pages
that have been contributed by a given author, or pages that were last
contributed a given time ago, or pages belonging to one or more
template/category, etc.). That part is done. Then it feeds the list of
pages to the current Export special page. It will also find all medias used
by those pages, and allow the user to create a Zip archive with the
exported page (an XML file), and the medias.

But I need the Import part now to feed the XML file to ;) I assumed I could
detect the Wikimedia version, and use the special Import page if it exists,
and if not, defaults to some code that would be a copy of something working
in 1.5 ?

Thanks

--
Sebastien Barre