[Mediawiki-l] Trying to remove hostname from URLs

George Stevens gstevens at guidelightsolutions.com
Sun Mar 13 19:56:56 UTC 2005

Typo update:  {{SERVER}} not {{Server}}

George B. Stevens
Guidelight Business Solutions
http://www.GuidelightSolutions.com/
Cell: 512-698-5558
Office: 512-401-6144

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at Wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at Wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of George Stevens
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 1:49 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: RE: [Mediawiki-l] Trying to remove hostname from URLs

Isn't it always the way these things work out?  We found the solution
soon after posting, and it's a nice clean and simple one too:

	[{{Server}}/path/to/app | Application Name]

There are _page_environment_variables_ available to wiki pages.  Here is
a link to the variables page:

	http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Variable

I think we missed it the several times we tried getting information
because we were looking for 'environment' or 'page environment' and the
TOC in the manual just has 'Variable' as the section name, which seems
meaningless.  A better name would be something like "Page Environment
Variables".

Thanks to David and Jan for the replies.

George