[Mediawiki-l] templates

Koen mephistopheles565 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 13:17:20 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've been doing some "research" about customising a
template for integration into my site and things are
not as easy I would like. I even can't duplicate the
monobook skin and give it a custom name. :( The only
thing I am able to do at this moment is change the
html in the monobook skin and include my own header
and footer files. Since I understand nothing about all
the rest (phptal, non-phptal, the other skins, ...) I
think I will just stick at modifying the monobook
skin. At least it has something familiar. (there seems
to be no documentation that explains all for a
designer with little php skills).

So let's get to my questions:
1) How stable is this templating system? In other
words, do I risk that with future upgrades I may have
to change all variables, etc?
2)How stable is the monobook skin (I use
1.4_latest_beta) for use in all skinning part, since I
read about old styles/new ones?

Thanks for replies. :)

Koen