[Mediawiki-l] problem with mediawiki

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Thu Mar 10 00:15:57 UTC 2005

Hello

I'm running into problems as to how to make mediawiki run properly on
our server.

http://www.hydrix.com/hydrixwiki
or
http://www.hydrix.com/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

the main page works fine.
However when using Firefox I click on Edit/login etc.. absolutely
nothing happens

If i use a Windows PC with IE6 then I get an error that the page can't
be loaded.

Here is my apache configuration:
Alias /mediawiki/ "/usr/local/www/data/mediawiki/"
Alias /mediawiki "/usr/local/www/data/mediawiki/"
Alias /hydrixwiki/ "/usr/local/www/data/mediawiki/index.php/"
Alias /hydrixwiki "/usr/local/www/data/mediawiki/index.php/"

<Directory "/usr/local/www/data/mediawiki">
     Options MultiViews includes
     AllowOverride None
     Order deny,allow
     Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /usr/local/www/data/mediawiki/images>
          Options MultiViews includes
          AllowOverride None
          Order deny,allow
          Allow from all
          # avoid execution of PHP scripts in upload directory
          AddType text/plain .php
          AddType text/plain .phps
</Directory>

Any ideas what it could be? i've followed about 8 different wikipedia
on how to configure mediawiki, I always get the same problem

Jean-Yves

---
Jean-Yves Avenard
Hydrix Pty Ltd - Embedding the net