[Mediawiki-l] new template and user-specific js / css

Alistair Johnson JohnsonA at rembrandt.co.nz
Wed Mar 9 21:49:39 UTC 2005

Dear all,

For our corporate Intranet site I'm looking at creating a simple template
with navigation at the top, content in the middle and a small footer at the
bottom (see ibm.com for an example of the sort of layout I'm looking for).
I'm using a freshly installed 4.1rc for this test.

I've started with monobook and copied \skins\monobook.php and
\skins\monobook\* to \skins\test.php and skins\test\* respectively.  I've
changed the mentions of "monobook" to "test".  The template created works
fine under firefox, but not IE.  IE complains about an error in the
generated js code which I've tracked down to a call in RawPage.php "echo
$sk->getUserJs();".  I've commented that out and all is now fine - but I'd
prefer not to change the codebase.

Can anyone advise what I need to do to either (1) disable the opportunity to
run user specific css / js in my new "test" template; or (2) fix my newly
created "test" template so the user-specific css/js works properly.

If anyone can point me towards a better starting point than monobook for the
layout I'm trying to achieve that would also be appreciated.

Cheers,

al.