[Mediawiki-l] Links to file system

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Mar 9 21:32:50 UTC 2005

Dr. Hans M. Rupp wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can I implement links to the files system?

What do you mean by this? If you mean, file: URLs to the client
computer's filesystem, this generally won't work because most browsers
have disabled support for file: URLs from web pages for security reasons.

If you mean, an arbitrary http: URL pointing to the same server, you can
simply paste in an http: URL. You may also be able to define an
interwiki link prefix for your site if your naming syntax isn't too obscure.

> If this is not possible, is  possible to upload pdf files. If yes what
> do have to modify to allow this. My MediaWiki tells me that pdf is not a
> supported file type.

See the full set of configuration options in DefaultSettings.php.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)