[Mediawiki-l] Image uploading problems

Tom Roberts tom at caughtlearning.org
Tue Mar 8 08:47:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've installed Mediawiki 1.3.11 on a web host that allows for php
uploads, with safe mode off. However, I have a problem when trying to
upload jpegs. I get the following internal error warnings:

	Warning: mkdir(/home2/blahblah/public_html/wiki/images/e): Permission
denied in
/home2/blahblah/public_html/wiki/includes/	GlobalFunctions.php on line
487

	Warning: mkdir(/home2/blahblah/public_html/wiki/images/e/ed): No such
file or directory in
/home2/blahblah/public_html/wiki/	includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line
489

	Warning:
move_uploaded_file(/home2/blahblah/public_html/wiki/images/e/ed/
IMG_0203.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or 	directory in
/home2/blahblah/public_html/wiki/includes/SpecialUpload.php on line 312

	Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpjYf7v7' to
'/home2/tomtxu/public_html/wiki/images/e/ed/IMG_0203.jpg' in
/	home2/blahblah/public_html/wiki/includes/SpecialUpload.php on line
312

I get the impression that this is something to do with the mentioned
php files changing permissions, or failing to do so. But to be honest
I'm a newcomer to PHP, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom Roberts