[Mediawiki-l] Help! Can't display page in IE but Firefox.

Zhou Yuanchi zhouyuanchi at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Mar 6 17:20:38 UTC 2005

After I upgrade to 1.4rc, the Main_page can't display
in IE. It can be display in Firefox, but so slow.

When I ran 1.3.x, the IE is fast, the Firefox is slow.

What happened?

This is the upgrade tips:
Checking environment...
WARNING: PHP 4.3.2 or higher is recommended. Older
versions from 4.1.x up may work but are not actively
supported.
PHP 4.3.1: ok
PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs
(index.php?title=Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
Turck MMCache not installed, can't use object caching
functions
Couldn't find GD library or ImageMagick; image
thumbnailing disabled.
Installation directory: /home/www/html/wiki
Script URI path: /wiki
MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user:
'root at localhost' (Using password:NO)
Trying regular user... ok.
Connected to database... 4.0.18-standard-log; enabling
MySQL 4 enhancements
Database wiki exists
There are already MediaWiki tables in this database.
Checking if updatesare needed...

=====