[Mediawiki-l] Syntax error with 1.4rc1 on IE 6/Win.

Jason Walker jnw.walker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:44:43 UTC 2005

I have a fairly default install of 1.4rc1 at
http://www.wikigaming.com/ that I am getting a syntax error from on IE
6/Win.  Specifically it states that there is a syntax error on line
14, char 1 on every page.  Looking at the source, I notice that there
are 10 blank lines before the !DOCTYPE tag, and that line 14 is the
first meta tag (Content-Type).  This occurs on every page generated by
mediawiki (including special pages, and other generated content), but
I don't have this problem with other pages on the site, so my guess is
that it is related to index.php or OutputPage.   Has anyone had any
experience with this before? or know what may be causing it? or even
if the blank lines would have anything to do with the syntax error
from IE?

Thanks in advance!

--
~Jason Walker