[Mediawiki-l] Help!

Paul Scruby paul at scruby.com
Thu Mar 3 16:32:06 UTC 2005

I have just tried to install MediaWiki 1.3.11 on a virgin Fedora Core 3
box.  It took me a while to figure out that I had to disable SELinux to
get the config directory to be fully writable, so it might be documenting
that for other users?

Anyway my problem is that MediaWiki does not get all the way through its
installation script and create the LocalSettings.php file.  MySQL is
working and the DB looks fine if I examine it with phpMyAdmin.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Checking environment...
PHP 4.3.9: ok
PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs
(index.php/Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
PHP's memory_limit is 24M. If this is too low, installation may fail!
Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled if
you enable uploads.
Installation directory: /var/www/html/wiki
Script URI path: /wiki
Connected as root (automatic)
Connected to database... 3.23.58
Created database wikidb
Creating tables... done.
Initializing data...
Granting user permissions... Sorry! The wiki is experiencing some
technical difficulties, and cannot contact the database server.