[Mediawiki-l] ArticleSave hook - Side Effect

ngungo ngungo at 56degrees.com
Thu Mar 3 14:14:52 UTC 2005

brion wrote:

> I tried putting this into my test REL1_4 installation's
> LocalSettings.php:

$wgHooks['ArticleSave'][] = 'myFunction';   // new
function myFunction() {
	die("Testing!");
}

> When I try to save, the script dies and prints "Testing!" as expected,
> showing clearly that the hook is run.

Hello brion,

I did exactly as you said here and the result is the same as you said
(proof of the hook is running). Next, I want to see without the
die("Testing!") statement. Something is wrong. It never comes back to
the Display state after the Save Page was hit. It stays on Edit state
all the time.

I use MediaWiki 1.4rc1, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 4.0.22