[Mediawiki-l] Re: Linking to "parent page"

FxParlant f-x.p at laposte.net
Wed Mar 2 14:22:03 UTC 2005

You can easily create a page with a list of links, and make by a little
trick this list appear in all the pages you want: so when you add a page
to the list, it will automatically appear in all the pages.

I use this to create a little slideshow of lessons on german grammar:
See http://www.fxparlant.net/German_Gender

HOW TO:
I just created a pages "Slide_German_Grammar" with my hierarchie (as a
numbered list, but you can just write yourself the numbers)

#[[German_Gender]]
#[[German_Declination]]
#[[German_Rection]]
#[[German_Voc]]

(actually I also added a little styling, but it's because I've enable a
lot of html on my personal wiki: look at the source:
http://www.fxparlant.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=Slide_German_Grammar&action=edit
)

Then I go to one of the pages (let's say "German_Gender") and I insert
the page Slide_German_Grammar with this code (that's just the template
trick, with ":" at the beginning to insert any page, not just those from
   the template namespace)

{{:Slide_German_Grammar}}

And you're done :-!!

Tell me if it helps