[Mediawiki-l] RHES* to Debian Sarge migration

Edward De Jongh Edwardd at discovery.co.za
Thu Jun 30 13:17:36 UTC 2005

Hi all I'm new to this list so please point me in the right direction
should I have posted this here incorrectly.

I have a mediawiki instance running on a RHES8 server and I am trying to
migrate it to Debian Sarge. I have followed numerous docs to the T and
got quite far my problem however is this: when I dump my wikidb to a
.sql file and then recreate the new wikidb the standard main page:
http://somehost/index.php/Main_Page end is still the normal page and not
the one I have on my original wiki site on RHES8. However when clicking
the "Random page" link I get back all the original info that was on my
old wiki.

So my question is how, do I tell my wiki where to get the main page info
from.

Thanks

ed